Lisa's Big Ride Across America

Lisa's Big Ride Across America
I will try to update this blog regularly and keep you all informed on how I'm doing and the amazing things I'm experiencing. Thank you all for your support. Looking forward to sharing my journey with you. I hope you all are having a wonderful, exciting summer! Stay active, stay healthy, and peace to all. Lisa

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Day 42 (8/5) - New Waterford, OH to Washington, PA

The hilly back road we took to get into Pennsylvania didn't have a sign at the border. The first town we got to was Midland, PA - so here is our welcome to Pennsylvania sign. left to right: Rodney, Jodi, Jerome, Mike, me
What?!? West Virginia? That wasn't one of our 12 states we were riding through. We threw in another state today just to say we were there - it was only a 4 mile roundtrip detour!

There was also a proper Pennsylvania welcome sign here at the West Virginia border!

62.22 miles
13.3 mph average

Our cue sheets were totally wrong for the first 35 miles of the day because we stayed in Washington, PA instead of a town that is usually used. The crew went out in front of us and marked the new route this morning. I was not sure if I was going the right way when I noticed I had a flat. I stopped at a gas station to repair it when I saw Jodi, Mike, Rodney, and Jerome - I knew I was going the right way now. They came over and helped me change my flat. These are fast riders who I usually don't see much of during the day- they are always the first into camp. They had just got done eating a real breakfast at Perkins when they saw me. I rode with them just about the rest of the day up and over many hills and we even scooted over to West Virginia for fun. It started to rain in the afternoon and ducked into a restaurant for lunch to escape. Eventually, there were 19 of us in there getting out of the rain and eating some food. Rode the rest of the way in the rain. Got a second flat today 4.5 miles from camp. It was still pouring when I got to camp and there was no pavillion for us the stay dry in. The campground set up two EZ-up tents for us. Had a great catered dinner -a real dark leafy lettuce salad with almonds and asian dressing and amazing marinated chicken and pie for dessert. I almost slept through this wonderful dinner, if it weren't for Justine who woke me up from my nap. Thank you Justine! It rained most of the night, which was kind of nice to listen to from inside a dry tent.

No comments: