Lisa's Big Ride Across America

Lisa's Big Ride Across America
I will try to update this blog regularly and keep you all informed on how I'm doing and the amazing things I'm experiencing. Thank you all for your support. Looking forward to sharing my journey with you. I hope you all are having a wonderful, exciting summer! Stay active, stay healthy, and peace to all. Lisa

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Day 41 (8/4) - Burton, OH to New Waterford, OH

leaving Burton, we were still in Amish country for about 20 miles or so. We passed lots of horse and buggys on the road. We also passed a home of Mike Tyson's that many stopped to take pictures of. I missed it though.
Bob's big brother and Bob - his brother rode with us for the day! This was at our check point in Canfield, OH - a really nice small town. We rode through several really nice small towns today.
big brother doing big brother things to little brother :)

61.04 miles
14.9 mph average

We had breakfast provided by Cogan's (The Village (idiot) Eatery) and we could order whatever we wanted off the menu - now that was a treat! I wasn't hungry until the afternoon - what a difference protein makes! This was a short fast day. I was actually riding much faster than my average most of the day, but then the last 4 miles I slowed down to crawling (and walked my bike on the stones at the campground) to get to chat with a guest rider, Lorenzo. He is a graduate student from McGowen Institutes riding for Brack this weekend. He was really a great person to talk to - he is going his phD work in regenerative vessels - really neat stuff! Today was a beautiful ride through Amish country into many small towns.

No comments: