Lisa's Big Ride Across America

Lisa's Big Ride Across America
I will try to update this blog regularly and keep you all informed on how I'm doing and the amazing things I'm experiencing. Thank you all for your support. Looking forward to sharing my journey with you. I hope you all are having a wonderful, exciting summer! Stay active, stay healthy, and peace to all. Lisa

Friday, August 3, 2007

Day 38 (8/1) Napoleon, OH to Sandusky, OH

Cedar Point amusement park (Andy's pic). I rode that one in the distance - it was great!
Cedar Point Amusement Park - I rode that one!
Margo and her younger sister Dana who goes to nearby Oberlin College

89.21 miles
15.6 mph average

This was our easiest day of riding!!! I've never ridden on such flat roads before for so long. It was FLAT! We actually didn't have a headwind either - that was rare! I got two flats today - I'm quickly making up for getting through most of the trip without any. Despite the flats, it was a great, fast day riding. I was riding over 20 mph for periods of time this afternoon - it was really fun to be able to go fast. Unfortunately, it takes me about 20 miles to wake up every morning, so my morning miles are always pretty snail-like. I am not a morning person. I had a nice dinner in Sandusky at a pizza place with Greg, Vern and Jerome. Then I caught the shuttle from our campground to Cedar Point amusement park. It was $25.00 for an evening pass. I met Andy and David there and I got to ride three great roller coasters - it was so much fun!!! Apparantly a party took place at our campground that night that I missed - some people had a great time. When I got back it was about 10:30 and way past my bedtime. I never heard the train that ran regularly right next to us or the small planes that were taking off and landing from the neighboring airport - I slept great - as usual (I am always so exhausted, I just pass out instantly).

No comments: