Lisa's Big Ride Across America

Lisa's Big Ride Across America
I will try to update this blog regularly and keep you all informed on how I'm doing and the amazing things I'm experiencing. Thank you all for your support. Looking forward to sharing my journey with you. I hope you all are having a wonderful, exciting summer! Stay active, stay healthy, and peace to all. Lisa

Friday, August 3, 2007

Day 37 (7/31) Kendallville, IN to Napoleon, OH

this looks more like art than patching up cracks - one of the roads we were on today
This is the best we got for our welcome to Ohio sign.
...so our crew improvised for us - Marty at the Welcome to Ohio sign
me
a bunch of our bikes at the fairgrounds in Napoleon, OH where we camped tonight

70.59 miles
14.0 mph average

State #10 - Wow, this trip is going really fast. It was a great day riding. I was the last to leave camp this morning, but eventually I caught up with Adam, Margo, and Greg and rode with them for a while. Rode with Bob Dumke at the end of the day. We rode on great country roads today with little traffic. There was an ice cream stand two miles before we got to camp in Napoleon that actually had sorbet - what a treat (since I can't eat ice cream)! We camped at the fairgrounds and had dinner provided by a local catering family. Tomorrow night we will be in Sandusky, OH - where the famous Cedar Point amusement park is. Our rest day after that is in Burton, OH where we would have our first rest day NOT in dorms. We are camping at the fairground for our rest day. This is a bit disappointing because when it's hot out during the day, it's nice to be able to nap inside in a bed. A group of people decided to avoid this rest day by continuing on to Sandusky tonight (riding another 75 -80 miles on top of the 70 miles we rode today) and have a rest day tomorrow in Sandusky and play on the roller coasters and then ride to Burton when everyone else was on their rest day. They took their rest day a day early. It sounded like a great plan, but the thought of riding another 75 miles when I had just put up my tent sounded impossible to me. So, I just relaxed in Napoleon and did some reading. A nice evening, despite the extreme heat and humidity.

No comments: